Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hofstra (Thursday - 7 PM); Northeastern (Saturday, Jan 18 - 7 PM)
Bookmark and Share
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
RE: Hofstra (Thursday - 7 PM); Northeastern (Saturday, Jan 18 - 7 PM)
(01-16-2020 09:37 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 08:57 PM)82hawk Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 08:51 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 08:41 PM)82hawk Wrote:  
(01-16-2020 08:03 PM)CG_Hawk06 Wrote:  A good showing like this and it would be nice to have the next coach consider keeping Burke on as an assistant. Especially if they can keep competing like this the entire season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Assistant? We look like a completely different team. Burke is a defense first, play hard coach. We're playing with some swagger. If we play like this the rest of the year, i'd hand him the keys. Love his energy!

Yeah. Assistant.

You're obvioulsy not watching the game. The change is dramatic. He has an undersized bunch of sophomores and freshmen going toe to toe with the preseason favorites loaded with seniors. He has them playing hard nosed defense, diving for balls, battling on the boards, with good movement on offense...after TWO days of practice. The difference is night and day.

No. I didn’t. And I get that his personality and energy are way higher than what we saw from McGrath. I just want to see sustained change. Was tonight a result of the guys having a ton of adrenaline from all the change? Who knows. That’s why I want to see this sustained.

If he’s the real deal, then we’ll see by season’s end and go from there. After 2.5 years of failure I’m not ready to give someone from this group the big keys yet. However, the response he seems to get from the team if we go to another coach I would certainly hope there’s be a possibility that he’d stay on staff. How often does that ever happen though?

But you were prepared to declare him just an "assistant" based on the same one game. All I was saying is we shouldn't dismiss the fact he could be a good head coach, and he has been a head coach, not just an assistant. If you read the rest of my post, I said IF he could keep up this level of play for the rest of the year. I also wanted to see a dramatic change, and the change WAS dramatic.

We'll say how it plays out, but I have the same feeling about him as I did Keatts.
(This post was last modified: 01-17-2020 10:53 AM by 82hawk.)
01-16-2020 09:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hofstra (Thursday - 7 PM); Northeastern (Saturday, Jan 18 - 7 PM) - 82hawk - 01-16-2020 09:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.