Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

IT'S NOT TIME TO......
Bookmark and Share
thagr82008 Offline
Banned

I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
MyBB IT'S NOT TIME TO......
03-pissed PANIC.......These young Tigers are actually doing a gr8 job based on the circumstances....Although it may seem like it's time to panic Penny/Staff/Young guns are going in the right direction....The 3 losses have come against tournament teams and our young Tigers battled to the end in EVERY game (No Quit In Them) a VERY gr8 attribute.....This system is setup exactly as the system that they want to transcend into, which is the NBA play-maker system....

Allow me to extrapol8 what is being seen here from our perspective that makes this appear as a conundrum/clusterF_ck scenario...

I know this will sound cliche', we actually need an antonym to abbrevi8 the element that since the "BIG DEPARTURE" we have to adopt by "committee" rebounding....The majority of NBA guards DON'T rebound as there are players the are paid to do just that....Precious has developed into this role by force.....Although he's being productive in a major way (Starting to reap MAJOR dividend$) it's starting to wear on him.... No one else on this team WANTS to rebound.... Our guards/forwards are of the playmaker type. They are conflicted with: boxing-out;rebounding;getting back defensively instead of what they would prefer to be doing is getting out on the break; filling the lanes; spotting up for a thr333 and attacking the defense (before it can get set) TEMPO TEMPO TEMPO (Blistering Pace actually).... With these conflicts and youth comes uncertainty, that uncertainty, coupled with a matchup against pretty good teams overall is giving our young Tigers really BIG hurdles to overcome.....RIGHT NOW

This adversity IS making them stronger,TRUST....Our conference tourney will be a huge marker for them.

What these Tig's need right now though, to assist them in getting over this hump is CONTINUITY....It's is right now CRITICAL of CPH and staff to IMMEDIATELY establish continuity in this group....

My suggestion: We must begin with a lineup that's going to be the lineup from this point forward with very little, if ANY devi8tion:

STARTERS, JMO and I'll give a small explanation:

Malco D As I previously mentioned, outside of Precious, We have NO DEFINITIVE rebounder....Malco D fits this to a tee....He will grab the board and outlet to the playmakers ahead....He actually doesn't necessarily have to hustle back every play for the finish as Precious currently does (It's wearing him out)

Precious Achiuwa Doesn't want to play Center position, will be able to defend all over, instead of releg8ed to the post and make our defense even that much stronger....When Malco gets the board, he can immediately get up the floor for EASY basket ops....Putting IMMENSE pressure on the other team

DJ Jeffries DJ is our MOST capable playmaker and a mismatch nightmare for ANY team....He needs to be in the starting role as he and Precious developing is key to making a run.....He actually does a fantastic job of finding Precious for easy finishes....from the key and love his work on the baseline (work of art actually) 03-cloud9

Lester Quiniones/Boogie Ellis this is a toss-up, however with DJ starting at the thr333, I actually prefer LQ coming in to spell DJ at the same position....I also feel that we need to see more of Tyler Harris and LQ on the floor together, as this tandem can give teams fits when they turn it on.....Especially with Alo running PG on reserves as this spreads the floor and keeps EVERYONE honest

Damion Baugh Love his physicality and ability to make plays....This lineup allows him to develop

So, this is JMO and my scenario moving forward to NOT PANIC.....Everything is going to be gr8
01-11-2020 02:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - thagr82008 - 01-11-2020 02:05 AM
IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - fsquid - 01-11-2020, 06:10 AM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - Chi-Town - 01-11-2020, 11:52 AM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - thagr82008 - 01-11-2020, 11:59 AM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - Tiger Joe - 01-11-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - bluecrew - 01-11-2020, 10:30 AM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - thagr82008 - 01-11-2020, 02:20 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - Tiger87 - 01-13-2020, 05:34 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - thagr82008 - 01-13-2020, 06:35 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - Antonio5fan - 01-17-2020, 11:58 AM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - thagr82008 - 01-17-2020, 12:12 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - tigerderek - 01-11-2020, 01:53 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - bluebacker - 01-11-2020, 01:57 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - UofMemphis - 01-11-2020, 01:59 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - bluebacker - 01-11-2020, 03:40 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - UofMemphis - 01-11-2020, 04:08 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - Tiger87 - 01-13-2020, 05:32 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - UofMemphis - 01-16-2020, 09:19 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - bluebacker - 01-17-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - UofMemphis - 01-17-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - uskjtc02 - 01-11-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - fsquid - 01-13-2020, 05:44 PM
RE: IT'S NOT TIME TO...... - cmt - 01-16-2020, 09:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.