Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
RE: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker
(12-27-2019 07:55 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(12-25-2019 03:30 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Interesting take... I'll take a crack at ranking the movies.

I consider the first 4 the real Star Wars films

1. IV- Set up the entire series, and changed cinema and marketing.
2. V- Dark and underappreciated when it was made.
3. VI- Nowhere near as good as IV or V. Vader should looked better when they took his helmet off, not like Elmer Fudd.
4. Rouge One- Great set up to the originals. Gareth Edwards and that writing team should have made all of the Disney Star Wars films. My one complaint is that Forest Whitaker was bad as Saw Gerrera. In general, I think that character could have been much cooler.

I can agree with the above. I loved RoTJ. I watched it alot as a kid growing up, so it holds a special place with me.

Quote:This is where things get rough.....

5. Solo- Not a bad story, but the droid/Lando love storyline was creepy. The droid rights agenda was stupid. Disney should leave their social agendas out of the films, and let the audience enjoy being in a galaxy far far away. I think this is a running issue within almost all of the Disney Star Wars films.
6. III- All of the prequels are bad, but at least we learn about Darth Plagueis and how Sidious learned to create Anakin/Darth Vader from the midichlorians.

Eh.. I disagree about Revenge of the Sith.. I'm not sure it shows that Sidious created Vader. I'll have to go back and watch.

Quote:

It doesn't give a flashback or anything, but remember Anakin's father is never discussed in any of the films. In RoSith, Palpatine tells Anakin about the legend of Darth Plagueis the Wise, in response to Anakin's concern for the impending death of his wife. It is widely believed Darth Sidious manipulated the midichlorians and had Anakin's slave mother birth the child. It explains why Vader was the most powerful force user ever... or at least until Disney mucked everything up. But, go back and watch it and decide for yourself if that scenario works for you.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2019 10:09 PM by Side Show Joe.)
12-27-2019 10:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Side Show Joe - 12-27-2019 10:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.