Open TigerLinks

CBS Sports seriously reporting Norvell Top Target of....Mizzou
Bookmark and Share
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: CBS Sports seriously reporting Norvell Top Target of....Mizzou
(12-02-2019 07:59 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 05:48 PM)TigersTigers Wrote:  Bro, if you think the Tigers could go 6 and 6 in 2020 with what there returning plus big time kids coming in at RB and WR, I have some land on the Moon I will sell you.....lol

(12-02-2019 04:43 PM)memtiger1987 Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 10:30 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(12-02-2019 09:31 AM)Chi-Town Wrote:  You say top 25, but what you really mean is top 15-25, rarely higher, and a single loss costs you big time. Slim margin for error (Tulsa?). I don’t know what the difference is in the money, nor would a guess get me anywhere close, probably.

Primo job somewhere? Absolutely, but does he want to wait? As one poster here said, if OU comes calling he is gone, and should be. The rest really depends on what is important to him and his family, and no one can really predict that or the timeframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure OU is a premo job, probably the best job in the B12, even better than UT because it doesn't seem anyone can win at Tex anymore. Any job at the top univ in a P5 conference is a premo job. Even FSU is a premo job with the right contract & support (facilities) but that is about the bottom. Below FSU, all others in the ACC are 2nd-3rd-4th tier. Then you have Bama, LSU, Auburn, UGA & UF as top in the SEC, OU & UT in the B12. Personally I don't think you'll ever have a nationally competitive school in the PAC again. CA is just screwed up socially & politically and their high school sports programs are a mess too. That means, IMO, there are about 10-12 premo jobs. and if MN keeps winning here with a clean program & no controversies, he'll eventually get one of those jobs if he is patient. Have not included the B10 (maybe 2-3 jobs there) because it's a different culture that might not suit MN.

He could also go 6-6 next year at Memphis and find himself out of contention for top jobs. I’m sure he’s being advised to highly consider taking a P5 job when you’re a hot prospect. I really don’t see him here next year if he is offered a position at Arkansas or Missouri.

I hope he stays, but I don’t think it will happen. He’s done a outstanding job here and we’re in a great position to hire a quality coach. Anyway, I’m just looking forward to Saturday and hoping for a Cotton Bowl bid.

So said many other programs.... Its football, anything can happen. We’ve lost multiple QBs to injury in the first few weeks of a season. Who knows? I sure hope we don’t go 6-6, but it’s certainly possible.

He’s probably going to be making 3.5 to 4 mill next year if he stays. 6-6 wont happen, but if it does, he still gets paid.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2019 10:15 PM by uskjtc02.)
12-02-2019 10:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CBS Sports seriously reporting Norvell Top Target of....Mizzou - uskjtc02 - 12-02-2019 10:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.