Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mayors losing people and control of their cities
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Mayors losing people and control of their cities
(12-02-2019 12:36 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(12-01-2019 09:34 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(12-01-2019 07:25 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  People are moving out of NM. In an attempt to keep young families from leaving, My Little Governor (Michelle Lujan Grisham) wants to offer free education, which will help build a stronger, smarter workforce. Or so the gnome says.

WHAT? Well Laugh Out Loud Big Time. As it is NM is one of the poorest states in the nation right now and she wants to offer free education? Hey, Crimson I know that Enemas U. isn't known as a great learning institution but I think you already know who will pay for this...experiment.

I tell you, leave the Methheads and come to the Land Of Sanity, better known as Texas.

She wants to use oil money to pay for it. $55-65 million dollars a year.

Concerns raised by local politicians are how will it be paid for in the lean years?

Will universities raise tuition as they did with the lottery scholarship? (the scholarship is used to help pay for NM student's tuition after the first semester. Money came from NM Lottery)

Will people continue to leave NM after taking advantage of the free tuition?

Graduates are going to go where the jobs are. They are not going to stick around here and hope that they appear. Well...some might. More jobs are not going to appear because there are more people with a degree.

Also the high school students like free tuition, they just don't like that it's paid for by oil money.

all valid points....the bold text is the hypocritical oxymoron of all time...
12-02-2019 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mayors losing people and control of their cities - stinkfist - 12-02-2019 12:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.