Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Temple @ USC game
Bookmark and Share
jedclampett Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
RE: Temple @ USC game
Very interesting analysis.

Had not previously considered the strategy of limiting turnovers by taking more perimeter shots, when the opponent has a strong interior defense.

Of course, this only works when a team hits a fair % of perimeter shots, which Temple was able to do with patience & play-making to create high percentage shots.

Rose has changed his game a lot since freshman season, when he scored a lot of points on spectacular athletic drives to the hoop. He made the adjustment in conference play, particularly after his stress fracture last season.

Game 4 was Rose's best game of the season, and hopefully is a sign of things to come. He reported not feeling well after game 1, and perhaps he's feeling physically healthier now.

Definitely agree about the benefits of balanced scoring, and think that if Rose continues to struggle from 2 pt area, he should focus more on play-making to interior players, as he did in game 4. Also helps that he's only playing 30 mpg.

Josh's playing has come as a complete surprise, especially him leading the team in scoring in game 4. But I had thought he was a good defender - and he does lead the team in steals per minute played, but you made an interesting point about USC going on a run when Scott was replaced by JPL in the lineup, second half.

I can definitely see Scott getting 16 mpg despite his poor productivity in pts, rebounds, etc., because the other two back up guards have flaws in their games. From what I'm starting to gather, perhaps Scott has the basketball IQ to be in the right place at the right time more often than Alani and JPL are.

Regarding Hamilton, I'm surprised that Coach McKie has already found a way to persuade him to accept the role that the team needs him to play, near the basket, and as an interior defender and rebounder. That's especially important without the availability of Damion Moore. If it continues, Temple's prospects may be better than I might have expected.

Needless to say, though, we need Damion to get back into action and in full health as soon as possible.

I know he has a back injury, and that it was bad enough to keep him out of two games. Do you know if he suited up, or if he was present at the USC game, or have you heard anything about how serious the injury was? Back injuries can take a long time to recover from. If it takes him out of action too long, he might qualify for a medical redshirt and another year of eligibility.

11-25-2019 11:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Temple @ USC game - jedclampett - 11-25-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: Temple @ USC game - Miggy - 11-25-2019, 09:27 PM
RE: Temple @ USC game - jedclampett - 11-25-2019 11:55 PM
RE: Temple @ USC game - Miggy - 11-26-2019, 06:30 AM
RE: Temple @ USC game - jedclampett - 11-26-2019, 05:59 PM
RE: Temple @ USC game - Miggy - 11-26-2019, 07:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.