Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

*** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) ***
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) ***
(10-30-2019 10:08 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-30-2019 07:56 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  If Robinson and Jackson both miss extended time early in the season I'm concerned for ECU. Obviously the schedule is pure trash, but it's got landmines early for a team that could very well only have 2 true freshman active at the PG position. Road games @Navy, @App State, Liberty (only "good" OOC team we play all year) and then a tournament in the Bahamas within the first 3 weeks. If both miss that entire stretch I suspect ECU is going to lose some of those games, probably dooming the NET before you even get to December.

those are 300 rpi teams..except liberty.. if 2 injuries equate to losses vs those teams, you were never going to be a good then..

i already said this to sj, injuries are sometimes a blessing...if ecu is good this season, with that schedule , in this case it should be one aswell

dooley is already calling robinson a starter and he hasnt been active in a ecu practice yet..if he was healthy he was going to be doing 30-35mins a game ..your backup pgs were going to get no real minutes

this forces your backups to develop/step up...no better development tool than game reps...houston i genuinely think was that good last year becuase we got injuries early..our expected to 2 scorers missed 9-11 OOC games..other players stepped up and when they came back we had 2 layers of scoring

If all those opponents were at home I wouldn't be that concerned. Road and neutral site games with a completely new roster and 2 true freshman as your only PG options though is a recipe for having games with like 20+ turnovers. Realistically without injuries Newton would probably be a guy who gets limited minutes early and Curtis would probably be redshirted. Instead that's likely it at PG for a completely unknown length of time. I would not be stunned if neither of them are ready and it costs us games and then Robinson and Jackson come back and we look like a completely different team, but if that happens because of how terrible our schedule is from a NET perspective the damage will be done. I get and do mostly agree with you that if we actually are much improved we should still be talented enough to beat those teams, but the biggest equalizer in terms of losing games like that is a pile of turnovers. Assuming that doesn't happen if we lose to any of those opponents not named Liberty then you'll be absolutely correct to write us off.
10-30-2019 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: *** Basketball News Thread (Part 4) *** - b0ndsj0ns - 10-30-2019 10:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.