Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Major Problems...
Bookmark and Share
steve4840 Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
Major Problems...
Man today was tough. After that loss to CMU coming off the bye, I thought this would be the week to right the ship. I went to the game and was disappointed. If we don't figure this out, we will go 6-6 and miss a bowl (FCS opponent will not count heavily as a win).

1. Why are we not giving Jairus the ball more?? He is proven as a playmaker and CC is using him like a trick play guy which is stupid. We go to him once and then never see him again. Bad coaching. You want to know what McIlwain does with playmakers at CMU? (Kalil Pimpleton)

2. Our line play offensively and defensively is Offensive. Nielsen as a pre-season all-Mac selection, really? (2 straight penalties today, one of which was on a TD). We cannot establish any sense of a run. Hearing CC say "we weren't trying to run" is a joke. How many other coaches say that? Are we cool with being totally one dimensional? Defensively we had ZERO QB hurries against CMU and a total of only 5 QB hurries today. WHERE ARE TH BLITZES IF YOU KNOW YOUR DLINE IS STRUGGLING TO GET TO QB. YOU LET DREW PLITT COMPLETE 23 PASSES.

3. Best Secondary in the Mac?!? Laughable. Drew Plitt......Yes I said Drew Plitt threw for over 250 on us. Drew Plitt. Where are the playmakers? Maybe they read the press clippings too early? I havent been impressed.

4. Coaching. I love CC but the play calling on O and D is horrible from the coordinators. Zero effort to get tight ends open early, no effort to get run game established, no blitzing schemes, no creativity either way (please dont tell me that Latu throwing is creative and successful)

We have 2 straight tough teams to play who I think will find a VERY easy time game planning for us. Sit back, don't stuff the box and play a cover 2 waiting for the 40 pass attempts and jet screens. Dont worry about pass protection from a RB because we decided to not bring heat either.

Signed, frustrated but still loyal EMU fan.
10-12-2019 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Major Problems... - steve4840 - 10-12-2019 08:39 PM
RE: Major Problems... - EagleSam - 10-12-2019, 10:56 PM
RE: Major Problems... - emu steve - 10-13-2019, 05:52 AM
RE: Major Problems... - EagleSam - 10-13-2019, 07:52 AM
RE: Major Problems... - emu steve - 10-13-2019, 09:15 AM
RE: Major Problems... - emu steve - 10-13-2019, 10:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.