Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Climate Change, Alternative Energy, and the like
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
RE: Climate Change, Alternative Energy, and the like
(09-06-2019 03:10 PM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(09-06-2019 03:00 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  I wonder if you get as upset with a new house going up next door?

And, as has been noted, what you see are drilling rigs; 3-4 weeks tops of activity. Not years.

3-4 weeks of a high derrick, and large construction activity vs 40 weeks of framing, interiors, finish out, and exterior work is probably about equal.

Not only that, but based on the photos, the derricks are most likely part of a pooling --- most pooling done with residential tracts has a partial interest going back to the commons or HOA. They have probably eliminated 80 per cent of the HOA load with that 3-4 weeks.

Not a bad trade off imo. Not only that but the resale values of the houses then goes up because of that subsidy.

I think when you buy a home in a neighborhood, you can expect other homes to be built nearby. I don't see why one would expect an oil and gas operation to be built nearby...

Again, a zoning issue (even though you don't see it as one, for some reason).

Anyways, not worth arguing over this topic anymore. I've proven my point that, in Colorado, O&G exploration and production happens inside neighborhoods. I think that sucks for homeowners who don't want to live in a neighborhood where that happens and they have no say in it.

I find if interesting that you excoriate one intrusive and noisy economic activity, and give an absolute and complete pass to another.

My neighbor can build a brand new house on his land and I have no say in it. i should feel aggrieved, I guess.

The difference between drilling activity and building a house is...... what?

By the way you do know how they can amazingly hide the long term well head activity, both visually and auditory? Can we agree that for the long term there is no impact (that is, beyond the initial 3-4 weeks that apparently no one should be expected to endure...... the horrors.....)

No offense, but you are seemingly fixated on the proverbial distinction without a difference here.
09-06-2019 03:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Climate Change, Alternative Energy, and the like - tanqtonic - 09-06-2019 03:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.