Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Curious... would you say your school's fan base overall has grown...
Bookmark and Share
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
RE: Curious... would you say your school's fan base overall has grown...
(08-14-2019 12:27 PM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  
(08-14-2019 12:15 PM)_sturt_ Wrote:  
(08-14-2019 11:59 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  No, alone it doesn't, it was still a huge missed opportunity to continue building the fanbase and the program. Wrong leadership was in place who was content for Marshall to never rise up. Doc does have some WTF losses but he also got us back to competing and winning against P5's, something Snyder couldn't dream of. Every P5 we played under him was a blood bath.He is also playing in a much different conference than Snyder did, he could win every game now and not be given credit for much. Every P5 we played under Snyder was a blood bath. Fans get tired of that stuff.

So, then, what's your larger take on why fan enthusiasm at Marshall isn't running higher in the CUSA 3.0 era than previously?

Honestly, I know I may piss some of our conference brethren off, but there was no replacements that had name recognition out there. You can't replace ECU with ODU or Charlotte and expect it to be a wash. That was just an example and without naming other schools in our conference, I will leave it at that. Average fans that aren't following all of CFB saw these changes and wondered who the heck is that? Why was CUSA 2.0 exciting when we came in? is CUSA 3.0 just as exciting to an average fan? We on here, aren't average fans, we know who is who, how good they are and why we should care. Average Joe doesn't.

Maybe to a degree but not as much as you think. I looked up the weather for the 2015 ODU game because it was the lowest attended Marshall home game and Marshall had a 3-1 record coming into the game. Usually that means bad weather. I did not check the ECU games weather

2005 VS ECU 22,408
2007 VS ECU 26,718
2009 VS ECU 26,814
2011 vs ECU 22,456
2013 VS ECU 25,117

2015 VS ODU 18,473 (rain and cool, 50 degrees)
2017 vs ODU 26,097

Charlotte has been a 20k avg in 2 games including when Marshall was 2-4 heading into that game

One other thing you did not mention but gets brought up often..Marshall and S. Miss

Both ODU and UNCC have avg as much, if not more than Marshall vs S. Miss in the last 5 Marshall home games dating back to 2009. Other than 2011, Marshall vs S. Miss is around 20k
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019 01:12 PM by WKUYG.)
08-14-2019 01:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Curious... would you say your school's fan base overall has grown... - WKUYG - 08-14-2019 01:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.