Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT - Pit Barrel Cooker - Anyone own one?
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
RE: OT - Pit Barrel Cooker - Anyone own one?
I've got a Weber Smokey Mountain, which is kind of barrel-esque. It's great - I can manipulate temps if I need to but I'm comfortable doing long cooks where I take the first hour or two to set the vents and then go to bed; it'll hold temp for hours. I have the 22.5" and a full load of charcoal will allow me to cook for up to 14 hours without replenishing fuel. Another side benefit, if you like to grill with charcoal (like me), you can remove the middle section of the smoker, place the grill on the charcoal ring, and grill VERY close to the coals for a great sear. (It's creating a virtual kettle grill.)

My understanding is that a PBC is more of a "set it and forget it" cooker but also gives you less ability to manipulate temperature. I've read it can run a little hotter. I don't understand how hanging vs laying changes the cook but it sounds like the PBC does a great job. With less effort that makes it pretty attractive, especially considering the cost.
06-13-2019 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT - Pit Barrel Cooker - Anyone own one? - Brookes Owl - 06-13-2019 10:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.