Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News A.O.C. Pushes For A Congressional Pay Raise: Democrats Upset
SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mighty Mustard
RE: A.O.C. Pushes For A Congressional Pay Raise: Democrats Upset
(06-14-2019 09:51 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(06-14-2019 08:20 AM)EverRespect Wrote:  You all keep boomeranging back to AOC personally. While she makes some valid points, it has nothing to do with her. She is a single, childless woman and it is extremely simple to pack up and move wherever. She doesn't have to worry about time, extra mouths to feed, a spouse and their potential employment, schools, or anything else. My point is for people that do. The argument that because AOC herself could have easily made the move is moot. I want Joe the Plumber with 5 kids in congress. The current paradigm does not allow for this. Maybe keeping the salary the same and giving them a 1BR apartment on Capitol Hill would work. Then they can at least maintain their quality of life at home. and not have to move their families to the swamp. They'd still be away from their families a lot, but at least the salary combined with covered expenses would make that a more appealing tradeoff. I don't think some of you have any idea what it costs. I saw $2,000 mentioned... that won't even get you a decent 1 BR in Arlington or Fairfax, much less DC.

Hear, here. My point exactly.

Someone earlier mentioned barracks for Congress members. I think family housing like some military bases have is more appropriate for members of Congress. And they should be available as soon as their election is certified so that they can set up their office and be ready to start work on Day 1.

This line of thinking is a mystery to me. Does anyone here believe Joe the plumber wouldn’t take that job? Bullchit!

The fact is if Joe the plumber could wrestle this job from an incumbent he would at some time come back to his district a rich man. Or woman in AOC’s case.
06-14-2019 10:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A.O.C. Pushes For A Congressional Pay Raise: Democrats Upset - SoMs Eagle - 06-14-2019 10:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.