Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

SEC Lifting Ban on Alcohol Sales
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: SEC Lifting Ban on Alcohol Sales
(06-05-2019 01:47 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(06-05-2019 08:22 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(06-04-2019 04:47 PM)JRsec Wrote:  And one other thing, if Alabama and Auburn were worried about Big 10 payouts and needed alcohol sales (less than a million at most schools who do it) why did they both immediately announce that there would be no alcohol sales at Bryant Denny and Jordan Hare?

I never said Auburn and Alabama specifically were worried about the B1G payouts.

The overturning of the conference ban allows members who *do* want to make more money, for any reason, to do so. You pooh-pooh the amount of money involved, but money surely had to be the motivation for overturning the ban, as there is no other plausible reason for wanting to do so.
Yes there is another reason, it's the reason this discussion has been on the docket for several years already. The Fans want the same privilege as has been afforded the sky boxes. Alcohol has been served in the corporate sky boxes since their inception. Joe average fan may not be able to have a martini in Section 50, Row 14, Seat 10 but they can have a beer. It is symbolically a step toward not have so very many perks in the sky boxes that the average fan can't have.

That's a good point, but IMO it is a point for a school *not* to lift the ban. If I were an AD or campus administrator, I'd be much more interested in selling those extremely high-price sky boxes, and the alcohol exclusivity would be a selling point, a point of distinction. I'd rather put up with the resentment of the "average Joe" who wants a beer than take away a selling point for boxes. Rich people who shell out big bucks do so because they *want* to be treated differently, and better, than the great mass of people. They are paying more for that privilege.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019 02:59 PM by quo vadis.)
06-05-2019 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
SEC Lifting Ban on Alcohol Sales - Pony94 - 05-31-2019, 05:24 PM
RE: SEC Lifting Ban on Alcohol Sales - quo vadis - 06-05-2019 02:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.