Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FOX will air their best game at noon every week
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
RE: FOX will air their best game at noon every week
Being a traditionalist on this who has not liked seeing Ohio State go from mostly noonish games to mostly later games, I like it. Granted, this is kind of reversed from how I wanted it though. I would have preferred biggest games later and most other games earlier.

Will be interesting to see if this changes around the Big Ten scheduling. It has put a lot of games on at noon to avoid national TV ones later in day (although got past exclusive games some years back). Think this might push some Big Ten less viewed games later in the day.

From the FOX angle, I think it makes sense. For right now, you are going to struggle to beat ESPN/ABC/CBS unless your game is much, much bigger. Instead, take the slightly less desirable time slot, but dominate it. The more people become used to going to FOX for earlier game, the more they'll tend to stay for other ones and associate FOX with college football.
05-15-2019 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FOX will air their best game at noon every week - ohio1317 - 05-15-2019 08:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.