66 million ye armageddon graveyard found in ND
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: 66 million ye armageddon graveyard found in ND
(04-05-2019 06:19 PM)king king Wrote:  
(04-03-2019 02:48 PM)DustMyBroom Wrote:  
(03-31-2019 08:26 PM)king king Wrote:  
(03-31-2019 06:32 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://weather.com/news/news/2019-03-31...-dinosaurs

Interesting find.

"...“We’ve understood that bad things happened right after the impact, but nobody’s found this kind of smoking-gun evidence,” study co-author David Burnham of the University of Kansas Biodiversity Institute said in a statement. “People have said, ‘We get that this blast killed the dinosaurs, but why don’t we have dead bodies everywhere?’ Well, now we have bodies. They’re not dinosaurs, but I think those will eventually be found, too.”

Within 45 minutes to an hour, thousands of tiny glass beads formed by the impact began to rain down on the site. Some of these beads, called tektites, were inhaled by the fish in the inland sea, according to a University of California Berkley news release about the study. The tektites would later be found stuck in the fishes' gills. Other tektites, zooming out of the atmosphere at 100 to 200 mph, landed in the mud left by waves from the inland sea. Others are thought to have caused wildfires across the entire continent...."

Thanks for posting. This is fascinating.

Took the fam to Cancun over New Year's and we swam in a cenote. I only found out later they were all created by the asteroid impact that killed the dinosaurs. They go in a ring around the Chixulub crater. Pretty humbling. I love this stuff.
Many of the cenote were used for sacrificial purposes by the maya. Some contain the remains of thousands of individuals.

This is true.

I could see the bottom of the one we were in but did not see any bones. The Mayan shaman did bless us and ask the ancestors to know we were there respectfully so there might have BEEN some at some point. The water was 59° and refreshing as can be. I kind of want go do the polar Bear plunge now.

See, I wish we had gone there with you instead of your uncle and his then future ex-girlfriend. We'd just lay around the pool the whole time we were there drinking coconut rum and pineapple juice. I think we left the resort once.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2019 06:22 AM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
04-09-2019 06:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 66 million ye armageddon graveyard found in ND - TigerBlue4Ever - 04-09-2019 06:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.