Bookmark and Share
huskie1stdown Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
RE: Northern Star with Hammock Contract Info
(01-25-2019 02:20 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(01-25-2019 10:55 AM)JKHuskie45 Wrote:  
(01-25-2019 10:43 AM)7 Wrote:  
(01-25-2019 10:34 AM)JKHuskie45 Wrote:  I do not get this. Seems like they low balled him. Carey was going to make $675k and Coach U $125k. If school is broke and and Carey never left how were they going to pay him? Also, our MAC coach should not be among the lowest paid, since we are not finishing in the lower part of the standings. NIU is arguably the best MAC coaching position in conference and should be treated as such. Finally, I believe the University got a $1.8 million check for the FSU game alone last year. You would think they would value the football program a little more.01-lauramac2

Why would you pay somebody more than you have to? What kind of business model is that?
Why would you pay somebody less than all your competitors and keep expectations of outperforming them?

A business model that tells the employees you value their positions and shows the seriousness of the program with respect to it competitors (other MAC teams). Also, being properly compensated raises employee engagement.

NIU is all about more with less. The school is in a pretty dire situation because of the state and rapidly declining enrollment. Don't believe me? Walk into Reavis Hall and tell me what you see.

Carey was on the high side of what NIU could afford. And his salary was ranked 103 of the 130 FCS D1 coaches. So why would they go all in and give the top of their budget away to an unproven head coach?

Yeah the expectations are high. But that's part of the Hard Way culture. More with less...
What do you see when you walk in Reavis Hall?
01-25-2019 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Northern Star with Hammock Contract Info - huskie1stdown - 01-25-2019 08:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.