Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

trump Considering Declaring National Emergency to Build Wall
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: trump Considering Declaring National Emergency to Build Wall
(01-09-2019 09:45 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(01-09-2019 09:16 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Not always, but no one is arguing that the CURRENT walls and fences around the major areas are not working or not necessary. My point is that we don't need much more in the way of a wall then what we already have. The alleged crisis pushed by this administration, drugs and gangs, is occurring at designed points of entry where walls and fences already exist. I'm fine with increasing the budget to fortify those locations and improve security and screenings.

The idea of a wall from one end of the border to the other is wasteful. But walls do work in certain areas, and some significant extensions/additions are probably justified.

When the choice is one of two extremes--open borders or a wall--I tend to come down more on the side of the wall. But what we really need is a rational comprehensive immigration policy. Wall or no wall, without a rational immigration policy, we're setting ourselves up for nothing but dueling soundbites about "women and children" versus "rapists and murderers." The bottom line is that there are some of both, and we need a rational policy that distinguishes between them.

The only thing I take issue with here is the notion that anyone in a position of power is working toward a totally open border. There's NO realistic chance of that EVER occurring, so why even mention it as a "choice"?
01-09-2019 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: trump Considering Declaring National Emergency to Build Wall - Redwingtom - 01-09-2019 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.