Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

State of EMU Basketball: Change is Necessary
Bookmark and Share
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
State of EMU Basketball: Change is Necessary
I’m not going to rehash all the things I dislike about Rob Murphy as a coach. He hasn’t changed his approach since he’s been here, so many of us have been saying the same things for years.

But today was a bellwether day, because it showed definitively and finally that Rob Murphy is not a coach that will ever get us to the NCAAs (or even NIT). Because of that, he should be replaced whenever it is fiscally possible to do so.

Some of Murphy’s supporters will say that EMU was simply unlucky today; that Detroit got unsustainably hot from three, and some guy name Long played the game of a lifetime. Others will say that EMU will never be dominant in basketball and that we should be grateful for the product it has. Strangely enough this line of reasoning was used to support the retention of Ron English for years.

The point is this: Detroit, with a roster of scrubs and borderline D1 players, was able to beat EMU at home BADLY. It wasn’t even close. Detroit is in year 1 of its rebuilding project. We are supposed to be MAC title contenders.

We deserve better. Much better. The athletic department reads this site, and I want them to know that astute fans know who Rob Murphy is. I don’t ever expect EMU to be Akron or Kent State and have a decade-long period of dominance. But, we should have a coach capable of consistently leading us to the top four in the conference, with an NCAA appearance once every 5 years. That is my minimum expectation, and that should be yours too. Murphy has given us years of evidence of failure. Time to move on.
11-24-2018 04:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
State of EMU Basketball: Change is Necessary - holybovine - 11-24-2018 04:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.