Dudley(al.com) - UAB looking for answers after disappointing first loss
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
RE: Dudley(al.com) - UAB looking for answers after disappointing first loss
(09-12-2018 03:37 PM)GoBlazers468 Wrote:  
(09-12-2018 02:44 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  
(09-12-2018 11:28 AM)GoBlazers468 Wrote:  First of all, I'm kind of bummed that this article is mostly copy and pasted from the article that UAB put out from the press conference the other day. No real news in this article except for the stats on our defense.

I think this Tulane game is make or break for this season. If we have another poor showing, we will be going into a bye week at 1-2. I feel like morale will be so low (since so far this team seems pretty mentally weak judging from the CCU game) and I don't see the coaches getting much production from them over those two weeks of practice. Then we play N Texas and LA Tech in October, and I don't see us really getting up for those games sitting at 2-2 or possibly even 1-3 if Charlotte just has our number. If we beat Tulane, I think that sets us up for a great month of October with a good bit of preparation during the bye weeks and some momentum going into conference play.

I just hope we get some consistency on offense, and some discipline on defense. It seemed like we would use Spencer for 3 plays in a row for 20-25 yards, then get cute with our passing. As bad as Koenning was, at least he would shove Spencer down their throats until they put 9 in the box. Defense was very bad with a lot of stupid penalties.

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but being a Blazer fan for so long, and more recently, a Titans fan, has made me a glass totally empty kind of guy. I do have faith that Bill will turn it around though!

I think they are trying to keep our RB's fresh, and Kingston is just as big/hard runner as Spencer is. Also, Spencer got hurt and it probably affected his play, although he came back in some during the 2nd half.

But the thing was we didn't just sub in Kingston and keep pounding it til they stopped it. He had 6 carries for 47 yards. We did stuff like that double pass to Noble that we got bailed out on for the targeting call. Don't get me wrong, I was cursing all last year when we ran draw after draw and was/still am pumped about a revamped passing attack, but with this stable of running backs we should punish people until they stack on us and stop it. We should be throwing 25 times, worst case scenario, and half of those should be play action.

I guess I need to get an armchair and a whistle after reading this

(09-12-2018 05:42 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  Anybody else feel like our offense got gassed after we started having issues with the clock and getting play calls in? That rule wasn’t being enforced in game 1. Think we are too fat to be pushing tempo.

Both of these. It looked to me like we got gassed in the humidity. Our coaches want to play a fast tempo, but our o-line wants fast tacos.

We're so deep at RB that we moved the former #3 guy to TE, where he promptly got TWO touches. Donnie Lee should be a nightmare for every DC with his hands and speed.

There should be no scheme where Collin Lisa is covered by at the best the other teams #4 DB.

We've got a stable of track stars to put at wide out and stretch the field. And I though we had enough of them to run them out in waves. Ubosi by himself should be attracting 2 defenders every play. His DB and the FS.

I'll bet were a lot better on Saturday. But it doesn't get much worse than the 2nd half last week.
09-13-2018 09:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dudley(al.com) - UAB looking for answers after disappointing first loss - BlazerPhil - 09-13-2018 09:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.