Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

the latest version of nutso from NYC....suing oil companies
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: the latest version of nutso from NYC....suing oil companies
(01-12-2018 12:47 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 12:22 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  they already know how and why they're going to lose major tax revenue as folks continue to leave, die, and leave them with the uber rich or artsy fartsy millennials w/o a relevant skill set in that over inflated shitehole....

here's the latest creative version from de Blasio in his attempt to postpone the inevitable.....

ol' boy is only head first in their ponzi arse now.....he'll be hip deep with two scoops by the end of the year....

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/nyreg...tment.html

Quote:Seeking to position himself as a national leader against climate change, Mayor Bill de Blasio on Wednesday announced a two-pronged attack against the fossil-fuel industry, including a vow that city pension funds would divest about $5 billion from companies involved in the fossil fuel business.

The mayor also announced a lawsuit against five major oil companies, seeking to collect billions of dollars in damages to pay for city efforts to cope with the effects of climate change.

“This city is standing up and saying, ‘We’re going to take our own actions to protect our own people,’” the mayor said, wearing a green necktie and sitting in front of large green sign that said “NYC: Leading the Fight Against Climate Change.” He added, “We’re not waiting.”

But in fact the city will have to wait, potentially for many years.

The mayor acknowledged that the lawsuit, which he compared to successful lawsuits against large tobacco companies, could take years to reach a resolution.

The city lawsuit says that the oil companies — BP, Chevron, Conoco Phillips, Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell — were aware for years that burning fossil fuels caused climate change but hid the conclusions of their own scientists.

It says that the city has spent billions of dollars and will spend billions more to deal with the consequences of climate change, such as the effects of Sandy, and it seeks to hold the companies responsible for those costs.

gotta love the irony that our redneck atty general was the one that changed how the tobacco industry has to operate to this day.....

what a dipshite comment in comparative relevance....it's hardly surprising coming from a dippo.....

I can't wait to see the data submitted that backs up this claim......

#panicmode

#moredippotartar

I have to say--I find this kind of case very hypocritical. I felt the same way about the cigarette cases. Most states make as much in taxes off a box of cigarettes as the manufacturer does. If they are health hazard---then ban the darn things--otherwise your just keeping them around for the revenue.

Oil is similar. The total taxes on a gallon of gas at the pump (state and Fed) exceed the profit that an oil company made from the same gallon (48 cents in taxes vs 7 cents in profit---its not even close). Now they want to say Oil companies need to pay up because oil is damaging the planet? Hell, the government made all the money---where is it? Use that to "clean up the mess".

If NY doesnt want big bad oil companies destroying the planet---then stop using oil in NY. Simple. Im sure the population of NY would fully support the oil sales ban. Just ask them.

big difference between oil and tobacco.....there's factual data that backs up the harmful effects of carcinogenic agents and how the tobacco companies manipulated the chemistry and hid the harmful effects from J. Q. Public....

there is zero definitive proof that oil is the problem in temporal fluctuation in any capacity other than theory or speculation.....it's like saying weed kills and cause black men to rape white wimmenz........

if I was on the bench, I'd laugh their arse out the courtroom with a size 12 helping them out the door....

if they argue that it's man made, they can hold a hunter games drawing and simply kill off a percentage of their population and be done with it....

talk about a waste of time, energy, and resources......fk'n morons....

/sarc
01-12-2018 01:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: the latest version of nutso from NYC....suing oil companies - stinkfist - 01-12-2018 01:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.