Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Toledo’s Undefeated Seasons
Bookmark and Share
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Toledo’s Undefeated Seasons
G5 would lose its anti-trust claim, the one they used to get into a News Year's bowl game. They would lose it regards TV, advertisement and well, everything. Unlike the mid-majors in basketball, in football they would lose the ability to compete.

ESPN would still need to fill programming but they are going to fill their needs, not the G5's. Their needs are during the week. G5 would still be stuck with a take it or leave it.

Splitting from the NCAA would be putting the cart before the horse and by the time they realize it, they may have killed their programs or at the least their position. Combined I would be impressed if the entire G5 had the economic power of Texas and Ohio St alone, let alone the entire P5, but I doubt that they do. Unless the G5 can find or create a competitor for ESPN, ala BIG10/Texas/SEC network, they have no power in this decision.

The better move I think is to continue to press for more within the present system.
01-06-2018 04:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toledo’s Undefeated Seasons - eastisbest - 01-06-2018 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.