Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
RE: C-USA Stock Recommendations: Football
(07-09-2018 09:11 AM)beefcake0520 Wrote:  
(07-08-2018 09:21 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(07-08-2018 08:50 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 08:58 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Marshall: Sell, Yes they won their bowl game but the finished the season 2-4, and their recruiting class was ranked 13th in C-USA.

Either you are pulling things that are wrong out of your rear or you enjoy making up things that are totally inaccurate without doing a 30 second check on either recruiting service. Remind me to never hire you to do research or put statistics together.

Marshall has never ranked that low in a recruiting class, not even from 2005-2012 or even in 2007-09 when they were at 65 scholarships. The lowest we went was 6th then. Depending on what service you look at we were either ranked 1st or 2nd in CUSA recruiting last year. Just so you know ODU was ranked 13th at 247 last year and UTEP was 13th on Rivals.

CUSA Rivals Rank #1
CUSA 247 Rank #2

And even though its gone Scout had Marshall ranked #1 in CUSA also.

Marshall has everyone back on the OL that gave up a total of 8 sacks last year which ranked 2 in the country. The only team to give up less sacks was Georgia with 7. We also return almost everyone on the defense and will add a few higher rated players to replace those we lost with guys like RS Freshman LB Darius Hodge (Ranked 17th best LB in 2017), RS Junior LB Donyae Moody (Medical RS last year, Juco), and RS Freshman DE Koby Cumberlander (Raked 21 DE in 2017).

Two different places also ranked Marshall's WR class 7th in the nation and 1st in the G5 last year with Jaquan Webb (6'1 Oxford MS, he was also the MS state track champion), Corey Gammage (6'2 Delray Beach FL), Tarlik Keaton (6'3 Sarasota FL), Artie Henry III (6'1 San Diego CA), Jordan Wayne-Prather (6'1 Lancaster CA), Caleb McMillan (6'3 Orlando FL) and TyQuavious Terrell (6'0 Leesburg GA).

Whoever takes over for Chase Litton will be decent. If it be Isiah Green (RS Freshman 6'2 211, Fairburn GA) or Alex Thomson (Grad Transfer 6'6 242 Wagner College). Green looked good in the spring and Thomson is now on campus and will battle him in the fall for the starting QB job. The thing is Marshall has the talent where the QB will just have to manage the game until they are comfortable in the system.

Marshall also has a new OC in Tim Cramsey and DC in Adam Fuller. Cramsey comes to Marshall from Sam Houston State. SHSU had the #1 offense in IAA last year and the highest scoring at 44.8 points per game. Fuller has been on the Marshall staff since 2013 and was the LB coach, he takes over for Chuck Heater. Fuller was the DC at UTC in 2012 and had the Moc's defense ranked 6th in IAA.

If you took the time to look at the date of my post, you would notice it was at the beginning of January. A month before national signing day. Marshall was not finished recruiting, and at that time the class wasn't ranked well.

As for my opinion of selling Marshall... FAU is the clear favorite and some of other programs in the east seem to be improving quickly. MT is a dangerous team with Stock taking the snaps, and this is his senor season. ODU brings back a solid O-line, their QB & RB, and they bring back a solid front seven on defense.

Marshall finished the season going 2-4 down the stretch, and you need to replace your QB. Marshall did finish with a great recruiting class. Maybe some of those recruits will see the field and make an impact, but in C-USA it seems teams are only as successful as their quarterbacks. I think Marshall has a big question mark at that position. I will stick to my original opinion and sell Marshall in 2018.

that QB that we have to replace.......was the reason we went 2-4 down that stretch. Again u make no sense. Who cares though, blow the whistle and play some ball, most of you are just pimping your school anyways.

Well, Chase Litton is now playing in the NFL (Chiefs), so there are probably some other reasons Marshall finished 2-4 down the stretch last season too.

QB's are the hardest position to replace. For the most part C-USA is a QB league. As a teams QB goes, so goes a teams offense. I think Marshall will have a good defense, but I'm not sold on Marshall's QB situation.

FAU has proved they can get it done, bring back a lot of talent, and have the option of a Florida State and Oklahoma QB to run Kiffin's system. MT has Stock back for his senior season. MT can beat anyone in C-USA (except FAU) when Stock is healthy. ODU brings back Williams. Last season, that kid put up some impressive numbers for a freshman QB. This is the reasoning behind my opinion.
07-09-2018 10:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: C-USA Stock Recommendations: Football - Side Show Joe - 07-09-2018 10:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.