If the FBS Conferences moved to 16
jacksfan29 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: So Dak St/CU
RE: If the FBS Conferences moved to 16
(11-13-2017 11:08 PM)SDHornet Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 09:28 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 06:36 PM)jacksfan29 Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 08:48 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  Why not 18 to 20 reams? You do have some good fresh blood to infuse into the conferences to make it work. As is, many schools including P5 schools have lost fans in the seats. It seems that they play the exact same teams over and over again. Some of the strongest FCS schools might help draw some interests. Eastern Washington and North Dakota State have drawn people to watch them play against P5 schools. They do have a buzz that do bring out fans, plus those fans do travel. Many NDSU fans filled the Kansas State stadium. The fans of both teams watched a great game. It is better than some of the cupcakes like Kansas.

No, in fact I would argue that 80% or more of the current G5 schools need to move down and leave the top division at 6 leagues with 96 schools. When I turn on a Bowling Green game and there are less they 2,000 fans in the seats... FBS in name only comes to mind. That goes for almost the entire MAC, CUSA and SBC.

Create a 96 team top league (6 x 16). A 72 team 2nd tier league (6 x 12) and dump the rest into D2 and D3.

FBS is not just a fan thing.

It has to do with TV markets, recruiting and institutional profile.

Most FCS universities are not national Tier 1 public universities.

UMass is that is why they play at the top level while South Dakota St is in FCS.

...and why cal-davis is FCS and UCSD is D2...so yeah...

That's good, because I can't find any MAC teams who actually have fans. As far as national universities and/or tier 1, most G5 schools are not national nor are they Tier 1 public so lets try again.

Oh, and the previous poster is correct. UC Davis is considered one of the top schools in the country. As is Cal Poly, both play in FCS Big Sky. Shall we compare their academic ranking to... Coastal Carolina, #52 in the, Regional University rankings? And since I mentioned Bowling Green. They are #202 in National, since you mentioned South Dakota State, they are ranked at #26 in National University.

Sorry, it may offend the few fans of the bottom 3 G5 leagues, but very few of the teams in the MAC, CUSA and Sun Belt belong in FBS. They have far more in common with the top FCS schools then they do with the top FBS schools. When the TV money goes away, expect a change.
11-16-2017 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If the FBS Conferences moved to 16 - jacksfan29 - 11-16-2017 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.