Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
MHver3 rises like a phoenix....more realignment talk
f1do Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BYU
MHver3 rises like a phoenix....more realignment talk
I like a good book every now and then--even though I know what I'm reading is fiction. In that vein, here is the latest that MHver3 threw out there starting yesterday in a burst of tweets after being silent for much of the past year. Arranged top-down for your reading ease:

Quote: It is time to return to share with you the rumblings of the college football world.

Expansion isn't dead. It's just been in hibernation.

Big12 stands to win B1G in the next few years. But they won't be the only winners.

With the downfall of cable subscribers the next round of expansion will be expansion through contraction.

PAC12 we hardly knew you.

Dismal ratings. Horrible attendance figures. Network a disaster. Pac12 days are numbered.

B10 stands to gain from Pac12 woes but so does B12 and maybe even ACC.

There is currently one school I. The B1G that wants out. New AD has promised some that he will bring them back home

Mormons don't fear. The B12 has never stopped lines of communication. Still the most attractive option not locked up.

Contiguous states be damned when B10 absorbs a new time zone.

Would Colorado in B10 be enough to keep Husker fan base happy? Or is B12 return imminent?

I would like to again apologize to UC and BYU fans for the debacle I left over.

It was a crazy day and multiple sources were confirming. Honestly it was so much closer to happening than you know.

The real meat and potatoes concerns corn and steak.

New AD has already reached out to people at UT and OU. Looking into mending bridges.

New AD at Nebraska also has reached out to certain coach he once helped hire at another school

Within 5 years the landscape of CFB will change dramatically. Television money will start to decline

Streaming money will be the name of the game.

Compelling historical matchups will rule again.

WVU will not be long in our current home.

B12 will survive. Thrive even. But WVU will be playing regional rivals yearly again.

Things are already in motion that will change everything. The NCAA may not survive but big-time College Sports will.

Fans of Uconn, USF, UCF, BYU. Cincy, Houston fear not. You will not be left behind.

When the dust settles most mid-major programs will still have a seat at the table.

Power conferences will become power conglomerates. They Amy cannibalize each other and combine. It will be a new day

No one knows better than B10. It's why they went for the short tv deal.

Conference branding will not be the major stream of income anymore.

The true money will come from the streaming and tv rights for a new American College Athletics Association

Ok so I made up the name. But not the model.

It's closer to a reality than most know.

When it does happen it will be a true split of about 80-90 schools that will no longer operate under the NCAA umbrella.

But again. This is all a few years off. There are immediate things happening though.

It's a very real possibility that in the short term Nebraska may negotiate its way out of the B10.

And if Nebraska did come home then B12 already has options to add number 12.

the media and fans have turned against Nebraska in B10. TV money is nothing in the larger picture.

There have even been whispers that WVU could take Nebraskas spot in B10 in a settlement for both sides and keep B12 at 10 members for now.

It would mean a realignment of divisions for B10. And one of this is coming from B10 offices. Just Nebraska.

I wish I had time to share more but that's all I can do for now.
10-17-2017 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
MHver3 rises like a phoenix....more realignment talk - f1do - 10-17-2017 09:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.