Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team
http://footballscoop.com/news/one-colleg...al-anthem/

Quote:Albright College, a Division III school in Reading, Pa., 65 miles northwest of Philadelphia, has booted backup quarterback Gyree Durante from the team after kneeling for the Anthem before Saturday’s game with Delaware Valley University.

“I was just taught you fight for what you believe in and you don’t bow to anyone,” Durante, who is black, told NBC Philadelphia. “I believe heavily in this. So I decided to fight for it.”

Durante was booted from the team not by the Lions’ coaches or administrators, but in a decision by a 24-member leadership council composed of Durante’s teammates. The team agreed to kneel during the coin toss and stand for the Anthem, but Durante went against his word to stand in his decision to kneel, according to teammates.

“We trusted him throughout the week, after time and time again he told us he would stand,” teammate Josh Powell told the station. “When you can’t have a player on a team that you can trust, he’s got to go.”
10-12-2017 01:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
College player kneels during anthem, teammates kick him off the team - Kaplony - 10-12-2017 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.