Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Progressives have officially killed Boy Scouts
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Progressives have officially killed Boy Scouts
(10-13-2017 04:29 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(10-13-2017 02:46 PM)ValleyBoy Wrote:  As a Eagle Scout and an adult volunteer inside the Boy Scouts of America this decision does not surprise me. I have read the above comments and just have to laugh at how uninformed the posters are about the scouting program. I left the Boy Scouts in the mid 80' and got back involved right at 15 years ago with the program as a volunteer when my son joined the Cub Scout Program. Some of the changes that took place during the 20 years that I was out of the program.
1. Females could now be Scoutmasters of Scout Troops.
2, Two deep leadership. Had to have 2 adults at all times with the youth of the unit. No one adult is to be any youth by themselves other than there own child.
3. Only the youth of an adult could sleep in the same tent as that adult.
4. Adults and youth do not use the same bathroom facilities at the same time.

Now the following changes have taken place since got back into the program as a volunteer.

1. Gay youth are now allowed inside the program. Before this change no openly gay youth was allowed to join the program and if a youth that was a member of the program came out of the closet they were removed from the scouting program. Before this change I do not know of any youth being asked if they were gay before they join the unit or anytime after they became a member of a unit.
2. Allow Gay Leaders inside the program. This as National Boy Scouts of America change in policy. No change was made on the local unit level. A local scout unit can make the decision to not allow a Gay person to register as a adult leader with the local unit.

What is know at this point from this new change in policy by the Boy Scouts.

Girls can join cub scout packs from the next program year. The Cub Scout program year starts in the fall of each year. Local packs are divided up into dens by the age of the youth. 1st graders (Tigers), 2nd graders (Wolfs), 3rd graders(Bears), and 4th & 5th graders (Webelos).
Local Packs will now have to make the decision of do they want to start new Dens at each grade level for girls. Boys and Girl will not be members of the same Den. For a Pack to recharter each year with the Boy Scouts they have to have at least one adult registered for each Den that they have youth registered with the unit in. Also have to have two adults at each Den meeting with one of them being a registered Adult Leader.

As to camping, per the Boy Scout rules, a Cub Scout can only camp at a family campout. Parent or other adult family member has to campout with them. The only exception to this rule is that a Webelos Den can campout as a Den with 2 deep leadership.

With the announcement it was stated that a Girl would be able to earn the rank of Eagle Scout. No details were given on this subject.
You think all of the chapters follow the rules?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm sure they are pretty strict about #1-#4. Predators like to target groups like church youth groups and boy scouts.
10-13-2017 04:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Progressives have officially killed Boy Scouts - bullet - 10-13-2017 04:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.