Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2017: UH will have a QB controversy
UHRedcat96 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UH Cougars
2017: UH will have a QB controversy
First off, UH got the win so everyone is please. The downside is that CMA and CBJ are trying to put a square peg into a round hole.
Kyle Allen, as great as he was in HS is NOT the right style of QB to run this offense. If this were a Mike Leach offense or pass-first offense then I would say Kyle Allen is the guy for the job. He has good pocket mobility, a great arm, and some deft touch. However he poses absolutely NO threat to run the ball. And this offense is predicated on have an athletic QB that can run the ball like a back and still make some throws.

We recruited WRs who are big and good blockers with possession receiver type hands and speed. We have no Blazers that will outrun a DB. That is essential in an offense where the QB pulls the trigger and not pull it down to run.

Regardless of first-game rust, KA played in the SEc for two years. He is not an unknown commodity. Unless he can be a threat to run it (which he cannot) he will struggle mightily. Just look at how AZ played tight to the line because they had no respect for our WR speed. This took away the horizontal passing game. And we do not have speed to go deep. GWJr made most of his big plays breaking containment then throwing it to wide open WRs just find soft spots in the D.

The stats that stick out to me are the TWO interceptions. I know the WR fell down on one, but he was well covered. And the FUMBLE trying to run the ball. He seemed very timid since he is not an athletic runner who knows how to avoid taking big hits.

No doubt he has great QB talent for another system. But it looks like he was ordained the position. When Ward was a Fr and came in with State Championships and something like 45-2 TD:INT retio I could not understand why he was not even given a chance. Then when O'Korn finally was replaced GWJr lit it up. But there was no QB competition, JOK was just given the job. (In fairness to OKorn h display well for Meechum as OC).

This O requires a certain skill set from the QB and Postma or King are better suited to it. We cannot have 3 turnovers per game and expect to win many. I always home for the best for my Coogs, but it is my observation that CMA is making a mistake using a single faceted QB.
09-10-2017 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
2017: UH will have a QB controversy - UHRedcat96 - 09-10-2017 05:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.