Bookmark and Share
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing
(07-07-2017 07:38 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 06:12 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 01:31 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(07-05-2017 10:16 PM)SENOREIDA Wrote:  Fraud huh? Someone must of finally gotten wise that the sewage ditch isn't a "beautiful creek"

I am pretty sure out of all of the DIV I football programs CCU should be the last school talking crap to anyone. Those in whore houses should not throw stones ....or is it glass I cant remember?

For those to lazy like this d bag to actually read the article, they both signed updated contracts on their own free will. If they thought they were being defrauded then why sign a new contract? I would imagine the lawyers are taking this on contingency and hope it does not go to trial. If they had never signed the new contracts I would be all for them getting their money.

Own free will... 03-lmfao

From USA Today

The lawsuit alleges that Summers, Kleinlein, senior associate athletics director for business operations Jeff Blythe and director of football operations Cymone George “conspired to change the terms of the January Contract and specifically the employment end date” in order to save money, knowing they would be making coaching changes on the offensive staff.

The lawsuit states that Dean refused three requests from George to sign the new contract, believing he already had signed a valid contract. Dean claims he finally signed the new contract on Dec. 2 following a phone call with Blythe that left him with the impression that if he didn't sign it, he could be fired any time and that his salary and benefits would immediately cease. Gillespie’s lawsuit makes the same claim, saying Blythe “informed Gillespie that it would be in Gillespie’s best interest to sign the November contract for his own protection.”

On Dec. 3, following the final game of the season, Kleinlein announced that Summers would remain as head coach. The next day, however, Dean and Gillespie were let go. On Dec. 9, Georgia Southern hired Georgia Tech quarterbacks coach Bryan Cook — who turned down the job a year earlier — to be the offensive coordinator.

The lawsuits allege that coercing the coaches to sign new contracts in November under the “ruse” that their January contracts weren’t valid amounts to fraud and conspiracy to defraud.

These are allegations. He would have to produce an email or a phone record showing that he was threatened into signing the new contract for it to hold up in civil court. Since the Board didn't sign the original contracts, they very would could have been fired at any moment with no guarantee of benefits so it really was in their best interest to sign a new contract. At most, GS will have to pay a settlement for mishandling the first contracts, but this will most likely be handled before the case even goes through court.
Of course they're allegations. Nobody is dumb enough to make that type of request / threat via email.

Sent from my XT1254 using CSNbbs mobile app
07-07-2017 11:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Georgia Southern OC's suing - AppManDG - 07-07-2017 11:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.