Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

It's official: Rutgers got a lousy deal from the Big Ten | Politi
Bookmark and Share
mushroomgod Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Indiana
RE: It's official: Rutgers got a lousy deal from the Big Ten | Politi
(06-23-2017 09:21 AM)RutgersGuy Wrote:  I agree that everyone should have to buy into a league like the B1G. BUT part of that means not having enough money to upgrade facilities/hire top coaches and the athletic programs will struggle. Though I see lots of B1G fans on places like Off Tackle who ***** about how much we suck and don't belong. Well if you don't want us to suck then give us more money!!! haha Chicken or Egg folks?

As an IU fan, I agree 100%.......and I understand the "threw them a lifeline" sentiment......that RU wasn't owed anything et al......that's true. However, it's also true that all the Big 10 administrators knew that RU's facilities were sub par and that they were being set up for 10 years of ass kickings in the non-revenue sports. I don't see how that benefits the athletes and fans of the other 13 schools. And it sure seems less than "sporting". I think the deal should have been somewhat front-loaded so that RU could build the facilities and hire the coaches necessary to be more competitive. The way the Big 10 dealt with RU vi. MD was rather crass, to say the least. Having taken advantage of RU's desperation, the other Big 10 schools should not complain about the result.
09-14-2017 12:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's official: Rutgers got a lousy deal from the Big Ten | Politi - mushroomgod - 09-14-2017 12:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.