ODU BLUE Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs
(06-05-2017 01:54 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 01:21 PM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 12:54 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 12:37 PM)ODU BLUE Wrote:  
(06-05-2017 10:25 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Just a fight between Saudi Arabia and Qatar for control of terrorist groups elsewhere in the ME. Nothing to see here. And no reason to sell 110 billion in weapons to either of them.

Shortly before Qatar Airways was completely taken over by the Qatari government they entered into a code share agreement with American Airlines. Very quickly passengers from muslim countries started flowing into the US on Qatar Airways/American Airlines connections by the thousands. Many traveling with burlap bags tied with string, some with $15 suitcases. Many arrived with food spilling from their luggage. Shortly afterwards American Airlines unexpectedly yanked their service out of Tel Aviv, Rumor was Qatar strong armed them into do it. Not sure if this means anything, but where were all these people going? Where are they today?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatar_Airways
Ownership and subsidiaries. As of May 2014, the company is fully owned by the Qatari government. Qatar Airways has been fully controlled by the government since July 2013, following the buyout of a 50% stake from a former foreign minister and other shareholders.

American Airlines and Qatar Airways join forces (2013)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/todayinth...d/1818501/

WHAT'S REALLY BEHIND AMERICAN AIRLINES' CANCELLATION OF THE TEL AVIV-PHILADELPHIA ROUTE? (2015)
http://www.jpost.com/Business-and-Innova...ute-413320

Now their Arab neighbors announance that Qatar backs militant groups including so-called Islamic State (IS) and al-Qaeda, which Qatar denies. The Saudi state news agency SPA said Riyadh had closed its borders, severing land, sea and air contact with the tiny peninsula of oil-rich Qatar.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40155829

GOD HELP US! 04-jawdrop

I don't think that the code share with Qatar really had much to do with the TLV cancellation by AA. They tried flying it from PHL, which is not the most optimal hub to do so. There is a sh*tload of competition on US-ISR flights and the prices are sometimes HALF those for US-EUROPE flights, across all flight categories.

There are many airlines that have flown, and still fly to Israel AND Qatar. They include Royal Jordanian, British Airways, Egypt Air, Ethiopian, Lufthansa, Turkish and Swiss. Several of these airlines maintain codeshares with Qatar Airways.

---

Basically, for AA, its a long flight with lower fares from a non-optimal hub (or they can go compete in the NYC-TLV scrum). They also had a 20 million dollar judgement related to TWA that they're fighting too.

As soon as Qatar Airways was completely taken over by the Qatari government (2013) they entered into a code share agreement with American Airlines (2013). Very quickly passengers from muslim countries started flowing into the US on Qatar Airways/American Airlines connections by the thousands. Many traveling with burlap bags tied with string, some with $15 suitcases. Many arrived with food spilling from their luggage. Where were all those people going Tom? Where are they today Tom?

Tom now their Arab neighbors announance that Qatar backs militant groups including so-called Islamic State (IS) and al-Qaeda, which Qatar denies. The Saudi state news agency SPA said Riyadh had closed its borders, severing land, sea and air contact with the tiny peninsula of oil-rich Qatar.

They are going to visit their relatives in the US, and most of them are non-Muslims traveling from India/East Africa. Have you been on a ME3 flight? The VAST majority of pax are connecting, and at least on the non-Texas ME3 flights, they're going to India. Air India sucks, so do the US carriers, and the ME3 is usually cheaper than the European airlines.

BTW, they were coming over here before ME3 started flying, but were coming on other airlines.

---

Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait, Bahrein, Oman, Assad, Iran, Egypt, and Qatar all provide support to violent groups that oppose human rights.

I don't see ANY difference between the Saudis, the Iranians, and the Qataris. We don't need their oil, their nat gas, or their human rights abuses....Why would Trump try to pick a side here....

Are you saying the Saudis are better than the Qataris or the Iranians? I wouldn't.

And do you really care who 'wins' in Yemen? I guarantee it won't be human rights that wins there. Do you even know who the players are? Basically, the Saudis are stuck in an unwinnable war in Yemen. I see no reason to get involved with anyone over there.

I'd just assume the US say.."you know what....you guys can go pound sand...we have no use for your oil or your geopolitics...we could care less who wins in Syria or Iraq or Yemen, unless there's a decent option. Right now there isn't. So if you want peace...make peace, want war, make war...but you can leave us the hell out of it.

Of course Trump got played by the Saudis.

I hope the cell rents a house near your favorite bar and away from my house of worship. 03-banghead You're nuts bro!
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2017 02:14 PM by ODU BLUE.)
06-05-2017 02:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - Paul M - 06-05-2017, 09:02 AM
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - bullet - 06-05-2017, 09:21 AM
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - ODU BLUE - 06-05-2017 02:13 PM
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - JTiger - 06-06-2017, 06:43 AM
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - bullet - 06-06-2017, 08:06 AM
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - JTiger - 06-06-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - VA49er - 06-26-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - bullet - 06-26-2017, 09:00 AM
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - I45owl - 06-26-2017, 02:04 AM
RE: Arabs cutting ties with Arabs - I45owl - 07-19-2017, 07:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.