Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will your OOC basketball schedule be American Strong?
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
RE: Will your OOC basketball schedule be American Strong?
(05-16-2017 11:18 AM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  
(05-16-2017 11:10 AM)Wudizzle Wrote:  
(05-16-2017 11:05 AM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  I just noticed that all 8 teams for the Cayman Islands Classic have been announced. I thought this was going to be a 4+4 type of tournament where the lower seeded teams play two games on the road vs. the higher seeded teams. But it looks like it is a true 8-team tournament, with each team playing 3 games at the neutral site. Here is the field along with last year's RPI rankings:

Cincinnati - 12
Richmond - 80
Iowa - 81
UL Lafayette - 115
Buffalo - 146
Wyoming - 151
South Dakota State - 155
UAB - 200

I'm kind of bummed there are no other sure-fire tournament teams in the field, but at least we don't have to play any terrible buy games. Additionally, playing a 3-game tournament has opened us up for the Never Forget Tribute Classic in New Jersey vs. Florida. So if we can get 2 top-150 games and a top 100 game out of this Cayman Islands thing, plus Florida, UCLA, Xavier, and Mississippi State, our non-conference schedule is shaping up very nicely.
Woof. You guys need to get on the Top Tier MTE cycle.

If we could, I'm sure we would. For some reason, it seems like Maui and Battle 4 Atlantis want nothing to do with us. Last year we played in a tournament where we would have played Duke if we had gotten past Rhode Island. I'm not worried about it this coming season since Florida, UCLA, and Xavier should all be top 25 teams.

The last few years Memphis has done the Old Spice Classic, the Emerald Coast Classic, and will do the Gotham Classic this season (Louisville, Memphis, Albany, and Siena will take part in that event)
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2017 01:00 PM by UofMemphis.)
05-16-2017 12:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will your OOC basketball schedule be American Strong? - UofMemphis - 05-16-2017 12:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.