Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So does the ACC Network become reality after all?
texasorange Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse Orange
RE: So does the ACC Network become reality after all?
(05-02-2017 05:21 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 05:08 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I don't give much credence to pieces like this; It's the off season in Syracuse, they don't play baseball and it's the lull before the NCAA Lacrosse Tournament starts.

The cold reality for those pining for the death of the conference is The ACC has survived despite the wishes of a few less than credible bloggers with axes to grind. It's not only survived but prospered.

Keep hating. We'll just keep winning.
CJ

Yes! The nihilists have attacked the ACC and in spite of the "the Dude" the ACC abides! The network is coming and with it two additions and one of them major.

I don't love the ACC, have been critical of it at times, but the ACC will abide and their network will get a nice boost at its inception if what I have heard from 2 different sources is true.

And ESPN isn't going away. It was still the most profitable sports network out there last year and really didn't have a close competitor. There is a major difference when it comes to taking a hit on a quarterly stock valuation or going bankrupt. ESPN is as far from bankruptcy as some on this board are from reality.

And as far as the streaming goes and cord cutting, and the demise of the market model goes, who do you think will be destroyed the most by these things? It's not the ACC with the best basketball product, or the SEC with the best football product, or the pair of them on ESPN with the best in college baseball, and softball.

It won't be any conference where the competition in a single sport is fierce. Why? Because content will be what drives the payout for any form of pay for view. It will be small conferences, mid sized conferences, and large conferences with no depth that will be hurt. And those who fall into that category which also have relied upon the subscription market model will be devastated, and folks that's not the SEC and it won't be the ACC either. And if they sign a scheduling agreement that exceeds just one game it will help both.

"So, I know I'll rest easier knowing that somewhere out there the Dude was wrong and the ACC abides."

Besides the ACC really ties the South together!

Well said JR!
05-05-2017 06:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: So does the ACC Network become reality after all? - texasorange - 05-05-2017 06:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.