Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rumor-UConn and Cincy to ACC in 2018?
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: Rumor-UConn and Cincy to ACC in 2018?
(04-06-2017 11:42 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 09:31 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 08:04 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(04-06-2017 06:42 PM)nzmorange Wrote:  Would you support a champs only model if you were the B1G commish after this year?

IMO at this point Delany doesn't know whether to wind his butt or scratch his watch in regards to the playoff. The first year looked good with Ohio State winning the title but the past two years he's had both his champion (Michigan State '15) and "best team" (Ohio State '16) beat like a red headed step child. This past season would have been bad for them no matter what way the went. While Penn State probably wouldn't have got shut out against Clemson their defensive scheme would have given up a whole lot more than Ohio State did.

How the teams perform in the FF wouldn't change. The bigger question is the consistency that they'd get there. The B1G has yet to miss a playoff and was a game away from sending 2 teams this year - w/ a 3rd waiting in the wings.

Who knows if James Franklin will continue to perform at PSU. But I have a hard time seeing Urban Meyer's OSU dropping off, and the same goes for Harbaugh's Michigan teams. And if they all did, I think that there's a very good chance that at least one of Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, or Michigan State will be waiting to carry the conference's banner (most likely Wisconsin and MSU).

The more they get exposed the better chance they'll get left out. The only team out of the three that has proven anything and deserves concern is Ohio State and they go into the upcoming season toting a 31 point beatdown.

I'd agree if I didn't think that money talked in the NCAA.
04-07-2017 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rumor-UConn and Cincy to ACC in 2018? - nzmorange - 04-07-2017 10:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.