Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Wonder what Tubby's doing today?
Bookmark and Share
Hoots Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Wonder what Tubby's doing today?
(03-14-2017 11:06 PM)floodgates Wrote:  I haven't posted on this board in a long, long time. But this thread (and just watching Josh beat Indiana pretty good) prompted me to give my two cents.

I grew up in the Coliseum in the 80s. Know that electricity when Louisville and others came to town and CBS brought their own lights to hang around the perimeter of the court. The ball would go to Keith Lee and the turn-around.... money in the bank as he greased it in the hoop. The deafening "DOOM" roar. Big Jack making David Jensen the "Wendy's Player of the Game" simply because he played in a blow out. Too many memories to type. Just sharing that I know my Tiger history.

But, when I see Tiger fans on this board, seemingly trying to run off another coach, it's mind-boggling. I watch from a distance these days, and yes, the sports fans here in Minnesota know Tubby well, and have some of the same conclusions some of our fans have about his style.... e.g. riding gravy trains.

The culture of Memphis basketball has changed tremendously in the past ten years. No coach in his right mind would have stepped in behind Cal. Josh did and kudos to him, and it didn't work out in the end. But the next chapter is here, and I just hope the culture that developed in Josh's last years doesn't continue, because from what I'm reading, many of the fans are part of the problem.

Just give Tubby a freakin' chance.

Very well said. When he came to Memphis, most fans seemed willing to give Tubby 2-3 years to put his stamp on the program. Next thing you know, many fans have already slammed the window shut. I don't understand that. Too old, doesn't care, riding the gravy train, etc.

Crazy talk, in my opinion.
03-15-2017 07:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Wonder what Tubby's doing today? - cmt - 03-14-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: Wonder what Tubby's doing today? - Hoots - 03-15-2017 07:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.