ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread
(03-10-2017 12:58 AM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(03-10-2017 12:21 AM)PhillyFlorz Wrote:  I've been following ODU basketball since the mid-1970's. Losses, like the one tonight, devastate me as much as anyone. But who is the great messiah who is going to take us to heights we haven't seen before? In the four decades I have watched ODU hoops I think we've been ranked in the Top 20 only once. Once. Think about it. Have we ever recruited a 4-5 star player since the Paul Webb days? Someone mentioned we need to return to relevance. What relevance? Getting on SportsCenter when Billy Mann beats DePaul at the buzzer? This isn't about Jones. It's about the way we talk here. As if we are the Gonzaga of the east and we've suddenly lost our way. Our claim to fame is occasionally winning our first round NCAA Tournament game and then flaming out in the second. That is relevancy? I don't give a rats ass if Jones is fired. Someone tell me why (and it sickens me to bring this up) a VCU or Mason can go to the Final Four and in four decades we haven't even come close to such heights. Yes, I am pissed about tonight and venting...

Good post Philly

Meanwhile LA Tech hasn't been relevant since Karl Malone left.
03-10-2017 01:00 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The official Jeff jones hot seat thread - Razor Ramon Monarch - 03-10-2017 01:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.