Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UConn about to come a-knocking?
Bookmark and Share
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
RE: UConn about to come a-knocking?
(03-04-2017 10:43 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  This was for your amusement and doubt Dayton will bit for the AAC. They are receiving over 2 1/4 million in the A10 from 75% share of NCAA credit, and TV.

Football was a mess when you invited us. Keep an eye on us this fall. It's the first year of scheduling right*. Not playing a P5 front loaded schedule that took a body toll, when we had no depth. A little concerned about our CB and thin at running back but will be fine.

Here is my optimistic view, it's nice to dream and really looking forward to the spring game.

Quote:Seems with all this talk, conference and teams are getting ready for some realignement.
Ready the tea leaves, which is problematic, the Big 12 will take a AAC team, not named UConn.
UConn has reacted with the NBe smoke screen.

The AAC will be more serious about basketball and increase the TV dollars in the new deal coming up. Think that if the AAC took WSU and VCU we could be that third team, which would rebalance football. The west teams will have WSU the south mid Atlantic would have VCU and UConn would have us.

This is an optimistic view, but I like it.

Yes, know you say go away, as others have said about different posters. (-:

Steve, thanks for sharing. My biased opinion has always been that joining the MAC for all sports would have been the smart move for UMass, but understand the reasons for opting out. Its interesting to see some on the bball side even entertaining the option but unfortunately that ship has sailed.

The MAC is locked into a contract with ESPN until the 2026-2027 school year and that money is based on a 12 team conference. UMass, UConn, UCleveland Cavs, it doesn't matter, the MAC isn't going to expand beyond 12 teams. I just don't a scenario where the MAC would entertain adding a 13th and 14th, no matter who it is. Best of luck to you guys.
03-08-2017 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UConn about to come a-knocking? - DICK - 02-10-2017, 07:56 PM
RE: UConn about to come a-knocking? - perimeterpost - 03-08-2017 10:40 PM
RE: UConn about to come a-knocking? - Bogg - 03-14-2017, 12:44 AM
RE: UConn about to come a-knocking? - Bogg - 03-11-2017, 12:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.