Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Which FBS or FCS schools will be the next to drop football?
billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
RE: Which FBS or FCS schools will be the next to drop football?
(02-03-2017 04:17 PM)UTEPDallas Wrote:  UTEP is not going anywhere. Its chances of dropping football are as big as East Carolina's which is zero. UTEP will always have the advantages that the vast majority of G5 schools wish they have: a solid fan support, no P5 schools and pro teams nearby, a near monopoly in coverage in the El Paso media, the backing of the El Paso business community and the entire town as well. UTEP's issues are internal not external (hint: a complacent AD) but the foundation is there for a new AD to take it to the next level. UTEP could be in the MWC and the record in both FB and BB would be the same or worse. Conference affiliation helps in many ways but as Boise State proved in the WAC and Gonzaga in the WCC, a weak conference and geography can't keep you from achieving success. As much as we complain about C-USA, we just need to look at our neighbor 45 miles away to see that we're thankful that at least we have a conference to call home.

Ok. My guy doesn't like the AD at all. He also thought that UTEP would get a baseball program started when you guys got the new triple A stadium going. I'll admit, I don't know much about that. He loves baseball. I've been to the Sun Bowl and like it a lot. I'm also quite fond of UTEP's basketball history Haskins, the NCAA championship and the Hardaway "UTEP two step". I'm very familiar with Tim Floyd and his teams at Iowa St. I figured he'd help take UTEP back to past glory. I agree that UTEP has an advantage of being in a nice market with no other competition. It's only been recently that I heard of attendence issues in both football and basketball (which was never the case before now) and the internal struggles/frustrations. You guys know more about the state of your program than me obviously. Sorry if you think I was being disrespectful to a former conference mate. That wasn't my intention.
Cheers!
02-03-2017 06:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which FBS or FCS schools will be the next to drop football? - billybobby777 - 02-03-2017 06:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.