Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interesting Article on Idaho Drop-Down/FBS WAC
Bookmark and Share
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: Interesting Article on Idaho Drop-Down/FBS WAC
(09-29-2016 12:48 PM)VandalBasher Wrote:  I have heard from a couple of people the AD is putting all efforts in the WAC basket.

For me, I really hope the PAC12 becomes the PAC14 and pulls in CSU and USU WHILE the AFA is grabbed by the BIG XII.

The PAC-Whatever is waiting on the GOR to be up for Texas and Oklahoma after the 2017 season. If they add anyone even BYU and Cincy then I expect Texas and Oklahoma to tell the B12, see ya...

(09-29-2016 02:56 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Basically, what I get out of this is that Idaho's administration isn't completely ready to throw up the white flag. Good for Idaho.

Hold off on giving a medal to Nodak, though, because I can assure you there is no way in bleep that all or even most of the Big Sky is going to move up to become the new WAC football conference. Most of the Big Sky members are either unwilling or unable to move up, and the Big Sky is so massive as an FCS conference there's not much fear of getting below the minimum membership for an FCS playoff automatic bid. It's just not going to happen. If there's any chance of WAC revival, it will look something like this:

Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
North Dakota State
Idaho
NMSU
One or two current WAC members adding football
One or two of Texas State, UNT, and UTSA who may want to be in a more western league

And even that seems like a longshot.

Honestly, I don't see why Idaho can't go independent unless scheduling is just too difficult. It would be really hard to make a bowl game with no conference but if you pack on 3 or 4 money games a year you can make up for a lot of what you miss out on from conference play.

I come to the conclusion when the WAC was going down in flames that Montana has no interest what so ever in a move to IA. The Montana admin are happy where they are and even more the Montana alumni/alum and fans are happy in the Big Sky.

I peek at egriz.com sometimes and you never see a IA discussion thread.
09-29-2016 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting Article on Idaho Drop-Down/FBS WAC - HerdZoned - 09-29-2016 08:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.