Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gamethread: Rice Owls @ WKU Marshmallows
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: Gamethread: Rice Owls @ WKU Marshmallows
I'd say it differently, numbers....

If you're trying to shorten the game/pound the rock/control the clock... THEN play calling is execution and all that you note. This was Hat's downfall at the end when the defense faltered. He couldn't execute any better on offense (60 points and 500 yards) but the defense couldn't make a stop

If you are taking what the defense gives you and they are giving you the deep ball (as an example, and essentially what WE do a lot of) then they are giving you the lower percentage play and execution doesn't have to be as exact. You can hit it just once every 3 downs or so and 'win'. If you can threaten that and then come underneath (early on, we did a roll out to a single wide-out running a post/corner... and then threw to a drag route underneath which was a HOME RUN play to the TE that we could have run all day long.) and if they cover that, the QB (assuming he can run) takes off.... and now you throw in the option to 'give' the ball to the fake going the other way... THEN you have an offense... If they adjust by keeping a safety back and letting the corner stay on the underneath route, you adjust by running a post to the middle of the field.... and if they adjust to that, you fake the run and then rather than boot back, you simply stop and pop to the same side as the fake.

Yes, that is execution as well, I get it... but my point is that 'perfect' execution is a requirement of 'pound the rock'. Fumbles, dropped passes, missed blocks, reads or throws, penalties... all KILL that offense.... not to mention the defense.
11-15-2021 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gamethread: Rice Owls @ WKU Marshmallows - Hambone10 - 11-15-2021 02:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.