Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rhoades vs Rice basketball Thread
07owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice
RE: 2016 Rice basketball Season Thread
(08-23-2016 04:40 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(08-23-2016 03:36 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  
(08-23-2016 12:40 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  Would think our two deep could be something like this. I'm giving more credence to vets. The good news is, I would hope we would be getting regular playing time from 10-12 guys as opposed to our 7 man rotation last year.

1 - Evans
2 - Jackson
3 - Koulechov
4 - Letcher-Ellis
5 - Drone

1 - Lott
2 - Cashaw
3 - Mency
4 - Harrison
5 - Meyer

Isn't Lott more of a point guard than either Evans or Jackson? I can see us going with a 3-guard, small lineup for extended periods...with Evans, Lott and Jackson in the lineup at the same time, joining a couple bigs. Drone may start games, but I'd be very surprised if he gets more minutes than Quez, Harrison or even Meyers.

That's the kind of thing I was wondering about, too, Walt. It's nice to have options and choices for a change, isn't it?

I also wonder how the scoring is expected to be spread around. Much as we're all touting Evans, and we should, with a stronger lineup, and some position adjustments, what range do you see his scoring average settling into?

Last season, we seemed to get our team scoring average up, especially as the season went on. Along with the expected defensive improvements, this should help get us more victories that slipped away due to the thin roster the last two years. I'm sure there will be another adjustment period at the beginning, with so many new/returning faces. But by conference, I expect us to be a significantly formidable team for others to handle. Hopefully we will present match-up problems no matter what the other teams do, and start to dictate the game on the floor rather than having to always react.

Hard to tell how much people will improve, but last year we depended too much on Evans/Koulechov having big games. Nobody else could carry the load, and any faltering by one of those two put us in trouble. I would expect MLE and Cashaw to get a little more going offensively, and it will be very nice to have a proven scorer like Jackson back to help shoulder the load. Drone is what he is. There will certainly be opportunities for some of the younger players to get scoring roles, so we'll have to see. I'd expect Evans in the 18ppg range and Koulechov and Jackson in the 15 ppg range. Koulechov in particular seemed to tire down the stretch and his efficiency faltered...hopefully we don't put as much stress on him to score this year and he can get his %'s back to a respectable level.
08-24-2016 10:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Rice basketball Season Thread - 07owl - 08-24-2016 10:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.