Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maybe I was wrong about Rio getting it's act together...
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
Maybe I was wrong about Rio getting it's act together...
I was wrong in this thread:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-769495.html

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/olympi...-1.1520115

Quote:From the Zika outbreak to severe water pollution, from behind-schedule venues to delayed metro lines, from sluggish ticket sales to cuts in services, from Brazil’s deep financial crisis to impeachment proceedings against its president, the buildup to South America’s first Games faces a long list of concerns.

[...]

Rio is preparing for the Games at a time when Brazil is mired in its worst recession since the 1930s, President Dilma Rousseff is fighting impeachment and the country is dealing with a vast corruption scandal centered on state-controlled oil-and-gas giant Petrobras.

[...]

Other issues facing Rio:

* Delays to the main swimming venue could force a test event scheduled for April 15-20 to be moved to the nearby diving arena.

* Rio’s drug-testing laboratory has until March 18 to meet World Anti-Doping Agency’s guidelines. If it fails, the lab would be declared non-compliant, meaning thousands of doping samples during the Games would have to be sent out of Brazil for testing, raising major logistical and financial challenges.

* Athletes remain concerned about pollution in the waterways that will host Olympic competitions. On Saturday, activists staged a symbolic burial of the Guanabara Bay, the sewage-filled waters where sailing will be held. Last week, the local O Globo daily ran a photo of what appeared to be a severed arm floating in the bay.

* Ticket sales have been disappointing, with only about half of the 4.5 million domestic tickets sold as of early this year.

I couldn't think of many worse places to hold an Olympic Games. From the Zika outbreak to the crime, to the pollution and so many issues, all anyone can think of is like New Orleans or Vegas, Rio is a party spot and that makes up for all of the various issues.
03-03-2016 12:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
Maybe I was wrong about Rio getting it's act together... - C2__ - 03-03-2016 12:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.