OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers]
Bookmark and Share
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Spoilers]
(07-19-2018 10:22 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(07-19-2018 12:01 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(07-19-2018 11:55 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  I thought it was a solid palate cleanser after TLJ. I loved the Maul tease but am sad that we probably won't see anything more out of him. Maybe in Ep 9?

Maul was finally killed by Obi Wan on Tatooine during this last year's season of Rebels - which obviously predates Ep 9 by 30+ years.

We could see him; however, if there is a sequel to Solo.

As of today, I want to see the sequel to the Solo movie more than I want to see Episode 9. And I wish I wasn't feeling that way, but I am sad they screwed up the main movies so bad.

Maul was a real surprise, along the lines of "Luke, I am your father." (not equal to it, but the same kind of surprise feeling, and anticipation for wanting to see what was next. If it was done right (certainly not a given nowadays with the SW leash holders) I think it could be quite cool, and set up an Obi-Wan spin off that I'd also like to see with Ewan MacGregor reprising the role.

In contrast, I have a very queasy feeling about what might come next in Episode 9. Kylo ren is as much of a boy in need of spanking as prequel Anakin became, but I don't think he'[s an iota as cool as Darth Vader, which is where you have to go to get the Anakin "I don't like sand' taste out of your mouth. The Kylo character is a punk and a coward from all theyv'e shown. They seemed to do this on purpose so they could have Rey be the #1 strong hero, along with Leia, which I think was Kathleen kennedy's ultimate goal. But then Carrie Fischer died and many fans revolted against the eviscerating of the Luke Skywalker character, so they're in a bind to rescue the franchise. Hence, the bring Back Billy Dee Williams as Lando thing: they need a strong male character who is believable in that position. This isn't Xena the (w)arrior--you need freakin' Conan the Barbarian to take names.

And the Snoke thing was complete BS. I wasn't enamored of the character from VII, but to just whiff on him the way they did, and with no real explanation, leaving Kylo and who, Hux? as the heavies, just makes the whole thing even stupider than what they did to Luke. At least Luke did the one cool thing in VIII with his force-projection, which I did like and found more believable than the other character's force abilities, especially the Leia is space BS.

Honestly, I don't know how the heck you really fix what they did, but I do hold out hope they find a way. Meantime, yeah, I'd rather see Emilia Clarke than Daisy Ridley every time given the choice.

I really didnt mind the actual story of TLJ. The logistics of the space chase ruined it for me. And the extremely anticlimactic battle on Crait.
07-21-2018 03:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Spoilers] - Bobcat2013 - 07-21-2018 03:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.