Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tom DIenhart: UConn not on Big Ten radar, locked out of a major conference
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: Tom DIenhart: UConn not on Big Ten radar, locked out of a major conference
(02-12-2014 12:25 PM)solohawks Wrote:  would a school who signed a GOR but left a conference, not get paid by their old conference? I was under the impression that a GOR meant you could not leave and then go sell your media rights to another conference. As long as the member school in question is still getting paid fairly by someone, whether it be the conference or the network whom the conference sold the rights to, then the courts should find it legal. I do think it would be highly questionable to not pay a school who has committed to a GOR but is no longer with the conference.

To me a GOR is a sale of a schools media rights for X number of years to a conference. Even if you are no longer in that conference the GOR says the sale is still valid and you cannot shop your rights elsewhere. If that is the case, then they must still be paid for that sale or else it I see it as a restraint of trade.

FWIW---Ive heard the AAC GOR still pays the school after they leave, but the B12 does not. My guess is the B-12 GOR wont hold up if it fails to pay the departing school its fair share of revenue. Maybe the GOR can be salvaged by simply paying the departing school their share of revenue---but I don't think holding the rights while giving the departing school no revenue will be upheld.
02-12-2014 12:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tom DIenhart: UConn not on Big Ten radar, locked out of a major conference - Attackcoog - 02-12-2014 12:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.