Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

C7 Split done by Wednesday; ND to ACC Early
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
RE: C7 Split done by Wednesday; ND to ACC Early
(03-02-2013 11:43 PM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(03-02-2013 11:05 PM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  If Notre Dame gets out early for the ACC Louisville should ask the NCAA if they could be exempt from the ruling of having one sport in another conference while that conference plays that sport.

The NCAA doesn't care. That's a conference rule for all self-respecting conferences. When Boise State was coming to the Big East, the initial plan was to house their nonfootball sports in the WAC.

Louisville doesn't need to persuade the NCAA, it needs to persuade the ACC and the Aresco LEague.

I commented on his blog, asking if this was from sources or just him guessing. WE'll see.

The reason that was ok is due to the fact the WCC does not participate in FBS football. This is indeed a NCAA rule for you can not reside in a conference and play sports in another conference that host that sport. If that were the case then the SEC would have every team possible as well as the BigTen in football with their Olympic sports staying put in their conference. Just think the SEC would go after NC State, and VT with them staying amongst the ACC in everything but football as would have the BigTen with Rutgers and Maryland. This is why the NCAA has this rule for if they didn't what would stop these schools as well as conferences making these moves.

I would like to see the NCAA make exemption of the rule for teams moving from one conference to another, but I doubt they do that.
03-03-2013 12:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: C7 Split done by Wednesday; ND to ACC Early - BigOwensboroCard - 03-03-2013 12:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.