White's Injury/Laing's Future
Bookmark and Share
camels2008 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Campbell
MyBB White's Injury/Laing's Future
Hey guys,

First, want to remind everyone I was the one who a year ago this month posted that Laing would be fired. That was from a source I have at CU who was wildly off with that (and he later apologized to me), so I'm sorry I started a minor wildfire with that. Obviously, he's still at CU, but surely his tenure here will be brought up again this summer after what can only be described as a disappointing (to date - still not over yet) season. That said, I'm a true Camel with a strong interest in their athletic success, so all I aim to do henceforth is engage is fun and productive discussion!

So, let's begin with the larger picture issue - why isn't this season essentially a lost season because of Darren White's injury? If he doesn't get hurt, how isn't CU receiving a bye in the Big South tourney, and thus we aren't questioning Laing's future? I'm sorry if I'm making it seem so simple, but a guy going for 21 ppg and 7 rpg and shooting over 50% FG is just not replaceable at any school. I understand the "next guy up" philosophy everyone has adopted in sports, but sometimes a team is built with no margin for error, and unfortunately CU falls into that category. I'm not saying coaching issues haven't hurt, or that effort/hustle isn't an issue, but White's impact as a player changes how everyone plays, and how everyone plays CU, and, to me, that means this season was flushed down the tubes once he got injured for good.

So, to move it forward (but, by all means, feel free to agree/disagree on the first point), I don't see any reason why Laing doesn't get one more year. White's the only Senior graduating, and they will have plenty of talent (and, of course, a much bally-hooed new group of players) returning with tons of experience.
03-02-2013 01:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
White's Injury/Laing's Future - camels2008 - 03-02-2013 01:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.