OldGoldnBlue Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
RE: Big East signs with ESPN confirmed--McMurphy twitter
(02-23-2013 04:32 PM)billings Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 04:27 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 04:20 PM)billings Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 04:03 PM)WinOrLoseEAGLE Wrote:  
(02-23-2013 03:05 PM)OldGoldnBlue Wrote:  Some of those midweek games were awesome. You're pretty much guaranteed to be the only game on and they are obviously all night games. I'm sure most people can afford to take a day off work once or twice a season and make the best of it. It's not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

Oh yes it is. It's the absolute worst of all situations to have to play a mid-week football game. SOME students stay away (small problem 'cause that's not many)....a lot of locals don't come because they have small kids who want to go but with school the next day momma wins that fight....many many many MANY out of towner's stay away because it's not ONE day off but typically two --- and since it's on television ??????

Mid-week football games absolutely suck.

I'm certainly glad SOUTHERN MISS didn't pay $5mil + only to find ourselves back playing on Tuesday night.

Overall with the loss of local revenue like fewer tickets, concessions, parking, etc. mid-week games cost schools money. Now some argue the exposure is worth the loss in revenue but then they aren't the ones paying the bills every month

the Boise games that did not sell out were the mid-week games and attendance dropped off, yet Boise valued the exposure more. I am sure this value proposition is different for each school. If I don't make much on TV I want the home game atmosphere. If TV is paying Big Bucks then yea give me some mid-week games and exposure as the money is fine.

A school like Boise should be less affected due to being in a metro area where many of thier fans live nearby. Schools in more rural locations require thier fans to travel in from other locations. I would think the mid-week games would hit thier attendance harder.

agree. Schools in more rural settings where fans drive more to games are hurt by mid week games in the attendance department more. MWC also tried to minimize mid-week games for this reason

Our entire state has 1.9 Million people and we got 50k+ for most our of midweek games. Some of you guys are just making excuses.
02-23-2013 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Big East signs with ESPN confirmed--McMurphy twitter - OldGoldnBlue - 02-23-2013 05:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.