Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Churches to challenge IRS with Pulpit Freedom Sunday
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Churches to challenge IRS with Pulpit Freedom Sunday
(10-09-2012 07:17 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  
(10-08-2012 10:59 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(10-08-2012 10:54 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Personally, I'm in favor of doing away with the tax-exempt status for Churches.. but then you have to do away with the "political speech limitations" that the govt. forces on Churches

That's the only thing they're threatening, to take away the tax-exempt status. They're not able to stop them from taking political stances but if they want to be run as a tax-exempt non-profit, they can't do so.

It seems like the 47% who don't pay federal taxes have tax exempt status and still have political speech. They get to vote and everything. Religious bigots like you make me sick. You and other far lefties have made attacking Christianity more than a passing hobby and have tried to legislate it out of existence. I hope every church attacks the left and it changes the turn out of the election. Then I sincerely hope the left tries to make removing their tax status part of their platform. That will destroy your dear Democrat party for generations.

Now you go back on ignore. You little punk bi7ch.

I don't at all see how one can rationally conflate a person not paying federal income tax, while paying other federal taxes, and paying the same tax rates that a millionaire would for the amount of money they make (a millionaires first few thousand dollars aren't taxed either, so your entire argument is sort of moot). That being said, I don't see how being a lifelong member of a church, a youth group counselor for 5 years, and spending thousands of hours doing community service through my church in dozens of states and multiple countries qualifies me as 'trying to legislate christianity out of existence'. But I do find the subsection of the population which has this non-existent victim complex to be fascinating, especially since it ignores the victim complex of those in racial or social groups which are statistically victimized. It's every white male complaining about reverse racism. Look at the pictures of Fortune 500 CEO's and tell me there exists a true pattern of reverse racism, and not just "BUT I CAN'T SAY N*GGER!"

As for me being a little punk b*tch, that's a claim that's never been made against me by anyone I know. It's sort of hard, seeing as how I'm not little, I'm far from a punk, and I'm too dumb to know when it's a good idea to b*tch out on things.

Quote: I see whats going on as the Church fighting back. I agree that if politicians stayed out of the church the church would stay out of politics. I don't see the church as the one who started this quarrel.

What do you mean by this? What politicians started this, and how?

And I would walk out of my church, despite it being a more 'liberal' church that would possibly support Obama, it has no place in a state sponsored religious context. And Old Dirty, it doesn't surprise me that you listen to Jerry Falwell. It saddens me, but doesn't surprise me.
10-09-2012 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Churches to challenge IRS with Pulpit Freedom Sunday - UCF08 - 10-09-2012 09:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.