Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Update on the Alliance from ECU Perspective
Bookmark and Share
CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization
RE: Update on the Alliance from ECU Perspective
(03-19-2012 12:46 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  My argument against it is simple none of us would want that league. Also the MAC would likely take us FB only which would certainly be a better option than that league. The "3 conference solution" is taking 3 current conferences and making all 3 weaker. It's not going to happen. If ECU was going to form a new league based on being regional we'd form an east coast league with a lot of current FCS teams who will be FBS very soon. Teams like ODU, JMU, App, Charlotte, Delaware, maybe Georgia State. I don't think we are forming this anytime soon, probably 10-15 years from now at the earliest and only if things continue to break wrong for ECU. You'll argue that's a weaker league than your proposal, and today it is, but 15 years from now who knows. The teams I propose is a bus league or close to it for ECU, which would make up for the massive step back in TV revenue. The SBC part of that 3 conference solution is not saving ECU nearly enough travel costs for what kind of drop in TV deal that league would be looking at. Realistically how much per team do you think that league could get? 200-300k maybe?

I'll give the point out about a new league consisting of the schools you mention. That would be nice for you guys travel-wise.

Aside from that, you are going to have to deal with a big time drop in TV revenue eventually as most people I talk to whom I repect in the business world tell me that the Alliance TV money, if it materializes, will be only temporary. Once that goes away, we're back at the drawing board.

If the schools you mention are ready to go at that point, more power to y'all. Otherwise, I can't forsee ECU fans preferring to play in the MAC over the SBC with USM, Marshall, etc..

Either way, the TV revenue of the 3 conferences that will emerge once the Alliance collapses will be very similar. Geography will be resulting dominant factor. There may be a 4th conference with the schools you mention, but they will be in the same boat as well.
03-19-2012 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Update on the Alliance from ECU Perspective - CAJUNNATION - 03-19-2012 01:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.