UC’s Williams: Indications are that Shootout will be played next year
Bookmark and Share
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: UC’s Williams: Indications are that Shootout will be played next year
(02-21-2012 03:36 PM)cinbinsportsfan Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 03:32 PM)Marcus Wrote:  
(02-21-2012 03:26 PM)mptnstr@44 Wrote:  As I wrote earlier, I think the game can happen next year at the Shoe. The UC fanbase is BETTER BEHAVED by miles over the XU fanbase.

The issue is the next year. This is where I think UC can win public opinion by playing that game.

Host them at the Shoe next year. Behave appropriately and beat the snot out of them.
Agree to the return trip to Cintas. If their fans behave the series can continue. This is made known upfront.

If they don't — no vulgar or non PC chants (i.e. Catholics vs. Convicts), no disrespectful costumes, no berating players before during or after by XU fans and no over the top trash talking — we cancel then and there at the presser right afterward.

People outside of Cincinnati will be tuned in to the game next year and the following year to see what happens. They behave and the series continues...they don't and we show the world that the XU fanbases' behavior during the Brawl wasn't an isolated event and why we have every right to cancel. It's no risk and all reward.

If we cancel now we get labeled chicken FOR ETERNITY.

I disagree. All UC would have to do is point out what happened when XU played Purdue and Butler. They have built up quite the reputation in recent years for their trash talking, lack of discipline and disgustingly pathetic fans. The secret is out on XU and there is no better time to cancel the series than right now.

Add in Vanderbilt to those two.

Absolutely! I listen to some of the sports radio guys in Nasvhille from time to time like Frank Wycheck, Mark Howard, etc... and Xavier's reputation as a bunch of undisciplined thugs is well known down there as well. I dont know if Vandy is continuing their series with them or not but the guys in the media sure arent a fan of the Xavier program. Like I said the secret is out about them and what they are about.

02-21-2012 03:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UC’s Williams: Indications are that Shootout will be played next year - Marcus - 02-21-2012 03:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.