Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Expansion Talk [DO NOT CLICK if this ain't your thing]
Bookmark and Share
RecoveringHillbilly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo, WVU
RE: Expansion Talk [DO NOT CLICK if this ain't your thing]
(12-19-2011 04:10 PM)Howl-n-Prowl Wrote:  I wrote no such thing.

You must be an attorney the way you distort the facts to try to make your point and in doing so, try to claim that I am guilty of the very offense that you are committing.

What I wrote in that previous post was that NIU is the flagship of the de facto Illinois State system. I never claimed that NIU was the State Flagship University of the Great State of Illinois. That distinction goes to the Flailing school with the racist and inappropriate mascot in Champaign.

I am not disputing CSU's status as the flagship of the State system in Colorado. And despite what you write here and care to believe, neither CSU nor UNLV are State Flagship Universities.

Are you intentionally being difficult or are you truly confused by the term State Flagship University? It's not a complex concept.

No, I am correcting your inaccuracies. What you believe the deviding line should be is not fact. You are creating some sort of fanciful line with terms of 'State Flagship U.' vs 'System Flagship U.', which cannot be done because different states have no system, or 1 system, or multiple systems. State's declare their flagships, and they are all documented. That is the only concept that requires understanding.

UNLV: "1968:The university is granted autonomy under the state's higher-education system, giving it status equal to that of University of Nevada, Reno"

And your 'De facto' assetion for NIU, when there is no "Illinois State system" and no state, institutional, or media documentation on the topic, is a far less than dubious claim. I understand that there is no doubt NIU is the largest and most research-intensive of the non-U. of Illinios institutions, but it is a single entity, unconnected to the other state schools.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2011 04:35 AM by RecoveringHillbilly.)
12-20-2011 04:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expansion Talk [DO NOT CLICK if this ain't your thing] - RecoveringHillbilly - 12-20-2011 04:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.